Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Potent Contagion

So I met an exceptional person recently. But get this. He’s exceptional …and young. Why so exceptional? Oh, just because he's good. As I’m sure you have, I’ve met many an angelic grandma or grandpa, but not often do you run into a young someone just as good. (Now don’t underestimate the adjective.)

I’ve wondered what makes me so sure that a person’s good when they’re good. For one thing, they pretty much always have great people skills, which are all about lifting everyone else up. For instance, back to this guy. He compliments, he encourages, and he makes you feel like a million bucks. There’s this absence of pride, and lots of decency. Maybe it sounds cheesy, but there really is something about a person’s countenance too. You can read it! And you get related vibes when you're around them. Some people give off vibes of plain ‘ol goodness.

The cool thing is that it is so contagious.

After being near him 25 minutes I’m ready to devote my life to making other people feel the way he makes other people feel. And why couldn’t/shouldn’t/wouldn’t I? I have a mouth, arms, legs... and I'm set. Not to imply that it doesn’t take considerable effort, because the influence a good person has on others stems just from their being so thoroughly good, which is harder to be than I’d wish it. But those kind of people make me feel like doing good is way too simple and way to influential to not do. So what do you say we go hop on the bandwagon and do some good in the world.

Also? They are extremely attractive. So attractive in fact, that I would take a truly good guy over Jimmer Fredette any day. *Woah now. She must be serious.* Haha : )


good

Wholesome, Right, Virtuous, Commendable, Kind, Benevolent, Honorable, Pleasant, True, Loyal, Pure, Innocent, Favorable, Agreeable, Saintly, Angelic, Respectable, Righteous, Pleasing, Genuine

2 comments:

  1. Who is this guy??? Jimmer looks like he is really good (your kind of good) but you haven't spent any time with him, have you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming post! This is a great aspiration, to emulate these qualities. I'm pleased to say, Stasia, that someone could write a similar post about you. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete