Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kale

First of all, I love grocery shopping. Second of all, Lisa and I went today. As I often do, I bought some kale. I know people (well, college kids) think that’s weird, but sautéed with some onions? Delicious. Or curried with rice? Or even just steamed with some plain yogurt on top - it’s yummy.

Cashiers don’t usually know what it is, so they mess around trying to find that little label. Sometimes when they’re taking a long time I just tell them. “Uh. It’s kale.” But today when the cashier lady got to my bag of green stuff she asked, “So... do you have pets?” And then much softer, "Or do you eat it?" I wish so bad I told her I had a herd of rabbits and that I decided to give them dessert tonight. You know, they’ve just been such good little rabbits lately. :)

Anyway. I'm hungry. I think I'll go eat some... some... pet food.

1 comment:

  1. Anastasia you are soo hilarious. You wish you had some pet rabbits to share your delicious dessert with! -Katie

    ReplyDelete